Pastor to Families and Students
Thank you for visiting this site. We are happy to share that at First Baptist Church (Jackson, Tennessee) we are seeking a Pastor to Families and Students.
This is a full-time ministry position wherein this pastor will actively lead the student ministry and seek to equip all parents to be the primary disciplers of their children. He will oversee a children's director and provide pastoral direction for the children's ministry. This site provides the information necessary to learn about this position, and if you are interested, to apply.
The Pastor to Families and Students would join a team of pastors here at First Baptist.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity:
- Please watch this video where Senior Pastor Scott Gilbert shares briefly about this opportunity.
- Please watch this video of a town hall meeting of our church, where Scott Gilbert shares in a little more detail about this opportunity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do the following:
- Please seek the Lord in prayer about this opportunity.
- Please read the position description.
- Please watch a service of FBC Jackson.
- Please read this short summary of family and student ministry penned by Senior Pastor Scott Gilbert.
Please use the button below and follow the prompts for its form (some prompts will ask to you upload a document):
- An introductory letter expressing your interest in this position
- An essay summarizing your theology/philosophy of ministry, giving particular attention to how your theology/philosophy would inform the role of Pastor to Families and Students
- A prompt for you to register your agreement or disagreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- A résumé
- Four references
Every blessing to you as you seek the Lord.
Pastor to Families and Students Search Committee:
- Brad Green (Chairman)
- Kevin Adelsberger
- Jennie Hughes
- Melanie Owen
- Neil Walter
- Scott Gilbert (ex officio)